Hi Dark:

You are exactly right. Any time a company does an inquiry about
accessibility they only get half the story. Usually some overly priced
access solution that does not serve their needs, because the
organizations for the blind are out to make a  buck off of making
something accessible. So they will resort to the highest costing
solution possible rather than suggesting or recommending a potentially
low cost solution. I don't know what the answer is, but I think it is
far passed time that we educate more people a bout general
accessibility and how they can make something accessible without a
great deal of money.

Cheers!