This is where supervision is of key importance.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Cara Quinn" <caraqu...@caraquinn.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2013 11:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The Psychology of First Person Shooters

I think part of the issue here is the time in one's life at which they play a lot of the more violent sorts of games.

I do believe it is different for someone whose brain is fully developed to play such games from someone in their teens playing such games.

The reason being, that a teenager's brain is still developing in key ways.

So I would posit that a younger player ought not to engage in a steady diet of violent games for long periods of time, as this then becomes a really big influence on their still-developing brain.

Now it is also true that adults brains are still able to grow and change, so in that sense I would agree that if an adult really just spent all their time playing violent games that this would be concerning as well.

Personally while I do like the more laser-tag like aspects of playing an FPS online with friends, I really do not like the violent aspects of many FPS style games.

Just my thoughts…

Thanks for a great discussion.

Smiles,

Cara :)
---
iOS design and development - LookTel.com
---
View my Online Portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

Follow me on Twitter!