Just my opinion, so here goes: Pit bulls and roosters, both bred and trained for fighting, and those spectator events, are disgusting to me, and I don't think of games like Grand Theft Auto in the same way, because it is your choice whether to let them become a factor in what you do in real life. If you blame a game on why you act as you do, it's time you get a taste of reality lesson in prison. Cock fight promoters and pit bull event participants should also be imprisoned.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sabahattin Gucukoglu" <listse...@me.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 7:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The Psychology of First Person Shooters

Interesting discussion.

Thanks Teresa for that article, though I tend to agree with Dark in being of the "No pseudoscientific BS, please" persuasion. :)

As for violence in games, well, at the risk of being controversial, recall that Ancient Rome was famous for, among other things, training people to kill each other for other peoples' entertainment. What does that say for the human condition? I'd argue that FPS games with a backstory of violence are, in a sense, simply a less murderous, more civilised renditioning of the gladiators of ancient times. If you ever did get sufficiently absorbed into a violent story, one in which you were the main source of death and destruction even for no justifiable or readily apparent reason, would you not hope that you were able to differentiate between the virtual and real world, and see an obvious problem with killing in the real world? I would. :)

There are, of course, other things in life that inspire selfishness, but which we see fit as a society to embrace on the basis of mutual understanding. Which things, and whether or not it's justified, is left up to the reader to decide. :)

Cheers,
Sabahattin