Hi Dallas,

I'm right with you there. A lot of companies, particular the
mainstream, release a product, say here is the specs to run it, take
it or leave it. Not a lot of accessible software developers are
willing to be that harsh, but maybe they should. If more accessible
developers took a more mainstream approach to marketing less blind
users would be so complacent about upgrades as they would have to make
the same sort of choices their sighted peers do about upgrades.

The way I see it as long as developers continue to write stuff in
Visual Basic 6, continue to support XP, the blind users see no benefit
in upgrading. Plus by doing so the accessible software developers are
holding the community back. What they need to do is take advantage of
newer technology and make those benefits to upgrading appear so more
people will feel like upgrading is a worthwhile investment. I believe
once there is a real benefit to upgrading the community will follow
the developers' lead. However, until developers give them an advantage
in upgrading most blind gamers won't.

Cheers!