True charles but most people do have at least a core2 and at least 2gb ram.
Most people should have at least dotnet 3.5 if not 4.0 installed and anything over that is for touch devices and such anyway.

At 05:32 PM 12/20/2013, you wrote:
If you can take advantage of more modern tools to develop games, but a lot of gamers cannot, where does that leave you?

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mac versus windows sales plus iOS question

Hi Josh,

I definitely agree with your points. As far as USA Games is concerned
we aren't going out of our way to drop support for XP, but neither are
we going to go out of our way to support it. At some point when we
begin adopting newer Windows components and if it isn't XP compatible
too bad. As I stated I am already running Windows 8.1 and as lead
developer I can take advantage of various new components, modern
hardware, and I see no need to cripple my software because x number of
gamers won't upgrade. I may take a loss initially, but I am also
looking at supporting Mac and perhaps Linux in time which will recoup
the losses in sales to XP users. So I am not as concerned about XP
support as I might be if I were only looking at the Windows market
specifically.

Cheers!