For the gamer who has been blind since birth who has never played a very popular game of even the early eighties, I'm all in favor of an audio remake. I'm also in favor of new ideas. To anyone who has never played chess, although the game has been around for centuries, it is a new experience, so I disagree with anyone who refuses to play a game that they consider as "old". I have heard this thought voiced on this list by some gamers, and they are only shooting themselves in the foot by ignoring games that would be new to them, even though they have been around the sighted gaming community for ages. I'm not saying that your are one of those, though.

And I still refuse to beware the Grue!

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The red herring of visual game recreation,was: MindCraft for the blind.

Hi Charlse.

That is true, and I must admit I'd love to play something like final fantasy or dark souls myself, or to show people who haven't had the chance to play them the true fun that can be had metroid hunting on Planet Zeebs, however the problem is the fat cats and their stupid laws, and yes, the way copywrite is currently treated is stupid, indeed I think John Swift, generally held to be the originator of the modern concept of copywrite since gullivers' travels was ruthlessly plagerised would be quite appauled to see where things are at this point.

However there is another side to the coin. why should people be bound to characters and concepts reamed up by others rather than thinking up their own? Indeed in the world of independent games there are just as strong characters and concepts as in the world of mainstream games, since after all creative story writing isn't just the prerogative of big companies and that is one area where an ameter can do as well as a professional.

That is another reason why i'd love to see some creative story telling with game concepts, since that! doesn't require anything more than good imagination and writing, and at worst some actors and a narrator.

Beware the grue!