Hi listers
Minecraft itself was quite cheap, considering the price of 15 euros when I purchased it. But as those guys are actually pushing the limits of Java, the humble talking about accessibility of mine fell on deaf ears, but so long it's ok, my relatives are playing under my account and enjoying it immensely. Minecraft as a matter of fact doesn't even have a ton of sounds attached to it, if not talking about mods. The only thing that needs to be realised here is that I think we are coming to the point where people are not afraid any more having a 100x100 map layed out before them and navigating it if sufficient data is provided. David Greenwood with his T.O.T. managed to make a small incursion into the land of such big maps and I hope that when T.O.T. gets updated it gets much more into it. But this is generally more to speaking about the strategy games. Was there anything so difficult about mortal kombat? No. The answer is simple, the playroom is small, so moving is limited, but what really gave the game it's replayability was the intelligent AI and the fact that you needed to act fast as hell, thereby producing huge amounts of adrenaline. Mortal kombat was easily beatable by anyone without sight. Now coming to the new mortal kombats on consoles or the last one on pc, than the story modes and such puzzles would need some tweaks for those who can't see, but it's all a question of making it. At this point I would think it could be easier to program a game similar to minecraft or civilisation, because before civ4, even they didn't make heavy use of sounds and background music.
Thousand thanks for reading
with kind regards
Dengo Jürgen