HI Willem,

Chris is one of the most thorough and meticulous researches I know of.

For myself, since I am also on the Eyes Free list and work personally
side-by-side with Android developers, I find nothing in his article that is
stated incorrectly.

I know for a fact that web views display all of the atrocious accessibility
issues that his article touches on because I've seen other Android users
talking about this very same thing on the Eyes Free list themselves.

>From my own experiences with my coworkers and my own team, developing for
>Android is an accessibility nightmare if one is looking for some sort of
>consistency or universal access.

Please do not mistake the above for any lack of support for Google or Android.
I and my company, both would love to see nothing more than Android be
completely accessible and useful across the board. This just is not the case
right now. So please perhaps give the article another read and seriously
consider what Chris is saying.

If people on any platform, decide to pass off a less-than-accessible
alternative as something that is accessible then it is truly a lousy move for
access tech as a whole.

Thanks for your note and have a terrific day!

Smiles,

Cara :)
---
iOS design and development - LookTel.com
---
View my Online Portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

Follow me on Twitter!