Hi Josh,

Thanks for posting a link to this article. I get this question quite
frequently, and while I seriously looked into developing games and
apps for Android devices I decided it was not in my best interests as
a developer in the long term. It is not so much that it can not be
done, it certainly could, but it requires more time and research
developing hacks to get around Google's broken accessibility. That
doesn't even begin to discuss the problem with support given that
Android comes on a huge number of devices ranging in hardware and
there is no consistency between Android OS versions. One device might
be running 4.0, another 4.2, maybe another is up to date running 4.4.
That's just a technical support and testing nightmare. On the flip
side say what you want about Apple their iOS devices are stable and
consistent. I could say a game requires an iPhone 5C or 5S and can be
reasonably sure the end user is running iOS 7. If not they can easily
update to iOS 7 without having to wait for their manufacturer to make
an update available for their phone as is often case for Samsung,
Motorola, LG, and other Android phones. That more than anything else
makes Android too much trouble for a developer with limited resources.

Cheers!