Hi Charles,

Well, according to David Greenwood he came up with a fairly simple
solution to the problem. Apparently as I understand it he changed the
values DirectSound uses to position the sounds in 3d and it seems to
be working fine on newer versions of Windows as well as work more or
less the same on XP. So it sounds to me like it wasn't a big problem
to overcome. It just took some time and experimentation to come up
with a new set of values and calculations to make it work correctly.