Well if you are not using xp shades of doom and tank commander are just going to be hard to play because half the audio is gone. There is only one way to go in all levels up to level 6, there are vary few double enterancs to bother with. Its not that hard, you should eventually pass through all the rooms as they all go one way and find the final locked door.
As long as you have everything.
once you kill everything in the level and opened the crate for the level3 boss, a blob he should have a message and a chip.