Hi Charles,

That's the problem. Having too many cars and trucks on the road would
mean that in effect they would drown out the other sounds and that
would make it hard to tell weather various cars were near or far.
Especially, considering a large truck with a big diesel engine would
naturally be louder than a standard car.

The other issue here is putting medians or places between the lanes of
traffic would not be true to the original Frogger game. You had to hop
and weave your way through traffic which was tricky to do. As Dark
pointed out in a prior message often times you would hop to avoid one
vehicle only to jump in the path of something else and get smashed.
There fore part of the challenge of the game was judging your chances
of getting across all the lanes of traffic without running a fowl of
traffic coming in either direction. Having a rest spot between might
be more accessible, but would over simplify the game.