In terms of the physical boards, I have a peg type one, with the points on the
black pieces. Mine is pretty big so keep it set up, but I have heard there are
travel sets for the blind as well.  I’ve never been any good at the computer
version fo chess games, since I’m used to looking at the board to find where
the pieces are.  Blind chess sets can be rather interesting to try and play
with sighted people, because sometimes the pieces don’t look anything like a
standard set.  I did have someone try and mark up a normal set once, but it
didn’t work too well, since it wasn’t easy to distinguish between the black and
white squares and the bumpons kept falling off the appropriate pieces.