I have a question related to what you wrote, Tom.  My complaint isn't with
changes in software in the sense of ribbons, that sort of thing.  My
complaint is that so many mainstream developers refuse to even attempt to
make their applications or websites really accessible.  I don't understand
why they are so scared off by a screen reader.  Is it really that hard to
label buttons, or add alt text to HTML so that Jaws can at least have some
idea as to what is going on?  Question 2:  Why is it that so many developers
are in love with flash content?  Almost every website I visit now has some
sort of flash player on it.  And almost every single time, accessibility is
abysmal.  What I usually get is something like, "unlabeled 0 button.
Unlabeled 3 button."  Or, even worse, I get text of some sort of ad, but
there are also buttons mixed in.  The most accessible site I have seen to
date with respect to flash content is Youtube.  Their player is labeled
fairly well.  It's not perfect, but to their credit at least they tried, and
I can access the major functions if need be.  I can mute, pause, and play.
I can even see the bar that controls the playback of the video if I turn off
virtual PC.  So I guess my question is twofold:  First, why are developers
so in love with flash, and second, if they are going to use it, why don't
they at least attempt to make it more accessible to those of us who use
screen readers?

Jody