Hi Dark,

Oh, I don't know. I think if David wanted to there is plenty of room
for him to add some sort of moral choice into Shades if he wanted to
make a more serious type of game with pros and cons for taking certain
actions. It all depends on how far he wanted to go with the idea.
However, it is pretty obvious when David created Shades he was trying
to follow the concepts from Doom where everyone and everything is
pretty much a villain that needs to be mowed down.

However, I do agree with you about Zombie Exodus. To me the moral
thing to do would be to go ahead and shoot someone whom you know is
going to turn into a zombie anyway. If there is no hope for him/her
kill them and get it over with. That will be a mersey to them and
everyone else. So I'm not sure why the developer would consider that
brutality when I see that as just being practical.