Hi Jacob.

Access to information is a good point, though one interesting thing I've noticed is that, perhaps partly because of those abuses of power you mention, people do not believe technological information sharing is legitimate.

For example,my mum was recently complaining over the fact that instead of primary school children being given physical story books, they were directed to the books online to read with their computers, tablets etc. We're not talking about blind or vi children here, just sighted children in normal schools of about 5 or 6.

My mum believed that this was bad, that the kids were missing out and that it would discourage say a parent reading the story book together with their child. I however disagreed, (indeed a friend of mine already reads to his daughter off his kindle). Sinse just because you change the mode of outputting the information, electronically as apposed to a book that doesn't change a person's relationship to that information. yes, bad parents will probably say "go to your room and read your school books on your computer and don't bother me" but how is this different to bad parents saying the same of a physical book?

I also agree Wikipedia is great, particularly if you just want some random information, although I do one legitimate concern is that when information is so readily available, will people's skills at assimilating, remembering and drawing conclusions from that informationn, though interestingly enough this is an area where computer games, especially the complex ones like King of Dragon pass can help as effectively a mental workout for the information processing and memorization centers of the brain, provided of course the games are designed so as to be challenging rather than just repetition.

I do remember hearing something about the Golf thing you mention, though one quite interesting possible use would be blind accessible golf, sinse if you couldget not only course information but positional information about the ball and your stick, a blind person could play golf quite efficiently with the same informational advantages of someone with working eyeballs.

Indeed, I wonder if in the future we'll see similar access to a number of sports, although having the word "access" in front will mean such things don't get developed that soon.

I also wonder if eventually we'll start to see the development of new sports, especially with the analogue control methods. I already know there are world championships of dance dance revolution, though.

Beware the Grue!