Hi Michael,

I doubt it. Any time a mainstream game is made accessible it is
through a conscious effort on the part of the developer to make it
accessible to a screen reader. There aren't many mainstream developers
developing games for Mac, and those who do would have to be approached
individually about access improvements.

The other problem is emulation. One thing that make games for Mac
different from Windows is that many are developed using emulation
software like Cider which allows Windows games to be ported to Mac
without major changes in APIs and code. Problem is since the games are
being emulated that increases the problems with accessibility since
there isn't anything for the screen reader to lock onto and read. The
way VoiceOver works is it checks Mac's accessibility APIs for incoming
text etc, and if it doesn't see anything as far as VoiceOver is
concerned nothing exists. Since emulators like Cider do not transfer
onscreen information through the accessibility pipeline there is
nothing for VoiceOver to see.

So no. I don't see mainstream games for Mac being made accessible any
more than I would expect the average mainstream game for Windows to be
made accessible.

Cheers!