Hi John,

Unfortunately, the games we are talking about have no source code, or
at least none that is freely available. The games I had in mind were
old Dos games like Elite that was really big back in the80's and
early90's, but no longer are compatible with newer computers. I was
rather hoping of writing them as text based console games along the
lines of the original so that they would be accurate clones of the
original. That's mainly for nostalgia's sake so wasn't thinking of
using something like BGT for development.

Plus the reason I had suggested Python is I am really interested in
cross-platform games. As many here know I primarily use Linux, not
Windows, so frown whenever anyone develops something exclusively for
Windows and can't easily port it to Linux. I imagine Mac users feel
much the same way. Therefore rewriting the games in C++ or Python is
more ideal than BGT which is as yet a Windows only technology.

Cheers!