If you and I play chess on a regular basis, and I can never beat you, and I manage to get the upper hand in a game one afternoon, I blow it or you outfox me and win the game, and I kill you in anger after the game has been won, does that mean that chess should be banned? Of course not. So, I say, game on! It's frustrating at times, but fun!

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jody McKinniss" <jlove42...@gmail.com>
To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] psycho strike, some observations, and Suggestions

I suspect that the people responsible for any murders or suicides related to
D&D or any other game had some serious mental illness issues, and their
decisions had much more to do with that illness than with the games
themselves.  So to call any game evil based on behaviors committed by
someone severely compromised by mental illness is ridiculous, especially
when you consider that even had they not played the game in question, their
ultimate behavior would most likely have occurred anyway.  The suicide
and/or murder wasn't committed because of D&D, it was done so because of the imbalance in the person's brain, and likely would have resulted even if the
person had never engaged in the aforementioned activities.  My uncle is a
prime example.  He played D&D for hours and hours as a teenager, days at a
time without sleep on a few occasions, engaged in paintball (Which is
basically simulated hunting/killing, I believe), had several game consoles
with graphically violent games.  Last time I saw him, he was 26 years of
age.  He still had the latest game consoles, and a majority of his games
were fighting, violent, and bloody.  Yet in the real world he's a husband,
the Vice President of a company, a productive and contributing member of
society who loves his wife and his familye. So again, to the people who are so uptight in this country about every little thing, I say relax. Have fun
doing something in an alternate world that you know damn well you wouldn't
do in your everyday life. I believe that the everyday average Joe's mind is
capable of separating ffantasy from reality, and the few that do act out
what they hear, see, read, etc., are burdened with illnesses that would have
eventually led to adverse behavior anyway.  Like I said, the thought of
taking a human life in the real world is appalling to me, as it is to most
people probably.  But I definitely like kicking some ass in psycho strike,
lol.  I managed to get the rifle last night before I went to sleep.  It's
better than the shotgun, but Aaron, it is definitely my opinion that
automatic weapons should be included in the next release. I just hope that
you've managed to see suggestions buried in with all of the debate
surrounding violence, religion, and  other things.  Lol.