Hi Cara,

An interesting question. Myself I more or less assumed a first-person
shooter and a first-person adventure game were one and the same thing
with the only difference being that a shooter is more combat oriented
where an adventure game more puzzle oriented. By my definition a
first-person game would allow the player to move 360 degrees, or the
cardinal directions of north, south, east, and west at the least.

I will confess I am not familiar with the Mist series of games you
speak of so can only formulate an opinion based on what you said
below. In my opinion they would not fit the definition of first-person
in my point of view, but that is only because I can not in fairness
compare the games firsthand to my definition and concept of
first-person.

Cheers!