Hi.

I've been investigating muds that need to have db entries (I just put one up
for flux world today), ie, muds that offer some sort of screen reader mode with
low spam, ascii map alternatives etc, plus of course dipping my toe into muds
is always fun.

One game I keep seeingkicking around is Avalon mud.

it has some great writeups that actually sound my sort of thing, lots of
exploring and a combat system that sounds very different indeed, however I do
wonder about some things, and also while someone was on the audiogames.net
forum last year he was a little none specific if the game had any adaptations
in and of itself for screen readers, indeed the only mention I can see of
anything screen reader related on site is a listing for mushclient as a
compatible client for Jaws.
So, does the game have some screen reader settings? and also, if anyone is
playing, what is it like?

I particualrly am interested sinse the game is at least semi commercial. That
is new players start free, but at some point after completing novice training a
newbie has  to either get sponsorship from either an existing in game
organization, such as a city or guild (which apparently most do), or pay a
monthly fee of 7.50 usd a month.

So, what is the game like?

All the best,

Dark.
There is always more to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast and
wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even the
archmaesters of the citadel can dream.