Nope, it's a browser game, so just text, albeit rather atmospheric and well written text in a game with some interesting mechanics. Really, much as I love Alteraeon, and much as I admire the amazing job Oriol has done with the game's sounds, sometimes I really do think it spoils people's expectations.

Muds are text games, they rarely if ever have sounds. Browser games even rarelier have sounds. Wysiwyg! ie what you see is what you get. I am getting a trifle irritated by people expecting any mud or text mmorpg to be another alteraeon, sinse Alteraeon is the exception rather than the rule, and then going "well I only like games with sounds so I'm not playing!" when they find this out.

Of course, I love Alteraeonand it's sound pack as much as anyone,but if the pack never existed, Alteraeon would stil be a great game to me.

Beware the grue!