Hi.

When you turn brief on, using the look command on alter doesn't give you the long version. To do that, you leave brief mode turned off, and turn on autobrief. That way, when you walk, you get to skip long description so you can determine quickly if you might have blundered into a character who may or may not be aggressive for instance, and if you want the long description you just type l, and you'll get the long version. That's what I do. Generally speaking, when walking, in my opinion it's best not to have to listen to the long desc before you get to hear who' or what is in the room with you, so I would recommend using autobrief.

Cheers, Aaron Spears, general Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates Developing "very good audiogames" for the blind community http://valiantGalaxy.com Sent with Thunderbird 38.5.0 portable