Hi john.

Funny, i've never even heard of this command until I wanted a way to show the done quests as I said, hence why i'd like a streight forward way of doing it.

fair enough if people find the grep thing useful, but maybe I'm just not good with all this scripting malachy but I really am a bit stuck with what it's for.

i know the principle that it's supposed to be for desplaying info without a specific word or whatever, but again alter is so good with info commands I really haven't needed to.

For example, the other day when I wanted to check if my cudgel had broke or not by looking at my equipment and not getting the full list, someone mentioned the "show weapon" command which was exactly the thing.

As I said, if people find the command useful fare enough, I'd just never even heard of it until i asked about quest display and really can't think when else it'd be needed that aren't covered by other commands such as as eqsorting for example.