I'm not going to say one way or another if Steam should be required to make its
platform blind accessible, but I do want to throw a question out for people to
consider.  And before I even ask it, know that I'm not asking anyone directly
or looking for anyone to answer it.
The audio games community has several small "companies" (usually 1 to 3 man
teams) who have been making audio games over the years.  Only a very tiny
percentage of those games have visual graphics in them, in fact I'm sure the
number of them could fit on one hand.  Sighted players are not being
discriminated against because they could just use the audio like the intended
players, but what about deaf players?  I know a woman from work who would be
completely unable to play those games because she is completely deaf and the
games have no graphics.  Would this community take it seriously if she started
up some sort of online petition and laid out demands to have all of the audio
games "companies"/developers add usable graphics to their existing games?  To
take it a step further, what if the demands required the added graphics to
allow her to play with the same experience as the blind players, since if the
graphics left out anything that blind players could hear with audio, then she
is at a disadvantage.
If we decide that other people need to accommodate accessibility for blind
players, should we be forced to accommodate deaf accessibility?
Just something I was wondering.- Aprone