Hi Lisa,
Agreed. Side-scrollers are inherently much easier for us since we are
only interested in for general directions up, down, left, and right. It
is also easier to pinpoint where an item is as we can here it left or
right and only need to walk or jump in that general direction to grab
it. I really like this style of game play. Sure it is only 2D, but they
are easy to play and are a throwback to when games were all about fun
and not heavy graphics and sound.
I would like to write more side-scrollers, but it does seam there are
some that feel they have no value any more.
FPS games on the other hand are great, but they really are harder to
play. Games like Sarah and Shades of Doom are far more harder when it
comes to figuring out the levels and finding where things are, and I
even have a hard time figuring out if an item, is in front or behind me,
and that is something I don't like about FPS.