Hi Josh,
At the moment I don't have commentary or sounds from something like
NASCAR Thunder, but then again most of the sounds I am using for
development are place holders as I look for better stuff.
One thing gamers don't often realise is during game development
developers don't always have all the sounds and stuff on hand while they
are prototyping the code.
Using your idea for commentary I would likely use something like
Neospeech Paul to do all the commentary while developing testing, etc
and then before the big 1.0 release get someone human to do the actual
voicing.
Same with car sounds, crashes, etc. Allot of what I have has been
grabbed from the net. It is better than James North's sounds, but not
much better. I still want to purchase a good sound library or something
to really fill in the audio.
Perhaps, James North was doing something similar as the sounds he had in
the private betas kind of stunk.
However, at this point it doesn't matter what Raceway sounds like as I
don't intend what is currently in the game to remain unless I am unable
to find better which I am sure I can.