Hello,

I just downloaded and tried the beta of Monty for the first time.
Just in case I will include a spoiler space here.

I am at the first level. I collect the potion and walk right to the staires
and I climb down.
There I get the keys, climb back up, walk left and open the red door.
There I hear a scull comming towards me. Since I don't have any swords this
early in the game I try to jump over the scull, but I die every time I try
that.
Why?
I read the manual and it says what the o key can detect. I noticed that
spikes are not included in that.
So are there spikes that kill me in this room?
And if this are spikes, how am I supposed to detect them in the game?
I don't like the prospect of dying each time when there spikes anywhere just
to find out that they are there...
And if there is no way to detect spikes I really don't like that. :-(

Well, perhaps I am wrong and something else killed me or there is a way to
find out if there are spikes anywhere...

Thanks for your help and best regards
Sarah
--
"Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur."
(Einen sicheren Freund erkennt man in unsicherer Sache.)