I had originally thought the same  way you do.
but then I found out that with my Verizon DSL account...my IP address is
always changing.
so, while I could test the program on my local network..I would not be able
to test it and make it work like Jean Luc's Sound RTS program.
I have no programming skill to make a program to run on a web site to
re-direct the game like Jean Luc's program does on his web site.
I am going to have to read several books on AI...artificial
intelligence...to learn how to make the drone robots for the player to
battle against.
I often asked Jim Kitchen why he did not take his wonderful games and make
them work thru the net.
Now I see the trouble involved in that request.
Robert