Thomas Ward said the following on 10/8/2007 3:26 PM:
> Hi Raul,
> Actually, I think you might be running an older version of the beta. The
> last private beta had a couple of miner bugs which I fixed in the public
> beta version of beta 2 just the day of release.
> One of the things is put run back on alt and jump on control because of
> it hanging the player when jumping.
> Check your manual. If it does not say October 5, 2007 as the published
> date then you have an old version of the beta.

OK, definitely running an older beta. My bad on that. I'll update and play.

> keyboard setup James North used with control for run, and the spacebar
> key for jump. That worked rather nice. The space key is a nice big
> key,and it can be used as a modifier if necessary. Using space for jump
> is not uncommon.
> Which do you like better shift control combo you suggested or the space
> and control combo I suggested?

Actually, I like both. So, you choose. I can play either way and you are
correct, space is very common. I just was not sure about using it as a
modifier, although Windows Vista uses it for the side bar, so this does
make sense.

> It would certainly work. I wouldn't have a problem with it. My only
> hesitation is since shift and control are close together a gamer might
> accidently press control rather than shift and have the character jump
> off into a trap of some kind or well find some way to jump to his doom.
> <Grin>

yeah, you are right with that, the space bar does make it more of an
obvious thing. Tell you what. How about you make the torch idea I had
work that way and then I don't care what you use for the keyboard
commands. <just kidding> Seriously though, your suggestions and
arguments for using the space for jumping do make more sense.

PS: I still feel strongly about the torches idea I have working the way
I suggested.
--
Raul A. Gallegos .. http://www.asmodean.net