Hi Charles,
I also baught LW and Shades of Doom, but not immediately. I must have
had the demo of Shades of Doom for three or four months before I baught
it. Main reason was because I had restricted use of area 1, and it was
like a mini game. However, as messages came in on the GMA list about
fighting cyborgs, blobs, temperal disturbances, not to mention the boss
I realised I needed to have the complete game.
Judgment Day is another example of a game which can be played lots
before the customer buys it. Sure you will miss out on the trophies,
killing the boss, but the levels you do get is basically a mini game.
Now, TC was another matter. Even though I would have baught the game
anyway I was frustrated to no end being restricted to 10 minutes. If you
were quick you could defeat the demo, but it also put a restriction on
planning your attacks carefully and doing any advanced strategies such
as hide in the woods until a tank or chopper passes by and ambush them
from cover and stuff like that.