Hi Daniel,
I didn't say they talked about it on mailing lists, per say, it is just
a well known fact that these cracked games get passed around by word of
mouth and through private channels. Not to mention the information isn't
that hard to come by if you know the right listers to ask.
The Draconis games and my games have been designed to run on any machine
provided you have a valid license so it is not a big surprise people are
passing around valid keys as cracks. However, should I discover one of
my keys being passed around I would know who gave out the key and could
sue that person for piracy.
Other games like the games built upon the GMA engine have been cracked
through a vonerability in the GMA registration system. It isn't public
knolege as far as I know, but I have tried the crack on my own licensed
games to see if it worked and it cracked them every time. So I know it
works, and it is sad people spend there entire life looking for security
vonerabilities instead of working to pay for the games instead.