Hi,
Well, there were other ways to crack Jaws besides replicating the
authorisation disks, and one method is still open to a cracker if he or
she knows assembly. A couple of years ago there was a cracked demo of
Jaws floating around. The cracker disassembled the Jaws demo, turned off
the timer, recompiled it, and suddenly you could download a demo that
never timed out for free until the demo disappeared off the net.
I'm pointing this out that no matter how good the security looks there
is still probably someone who will find away to crack it. Jaws could
have prevented that particular crack simply by running executible
encryption on the exe files and dll files, but didn't. However, getting
security tools for every possible type of crack is expensive.