Zack, when you hear a turn sound moving in a particular direction
ahead of you, continue moving forward until you hear that sound play
once more in a very pronounced way, if that makes sense.  That will
signal you that you're in line with the passage you're hearing, and
then press the appropriate (left or right) arrow key four times which
will turn you 90 degrees providing you have left the default options
set...  Then you should be able to simply walk straight down the new
passage.

   to get used to this, make sure you're walking rather than running
when you're learning this.  It can help...

HTH and hope yer' having an awesome evening!...

Smiles,

Cara  :) - AKA Frag Doll