96? That's weird...gonna have to pursue and frag that source of info...but
that is odd, because I've encountered BSP's from like 94 I think...Dunno.
Maybe all the bloodshehd's got me shellshocked...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Cara Quinn
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 22:42
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] SAPI issue fixed

   Actually this is not completely true.  quake was made in 96 and you
can download the source code and shareware game, however, the full
game is still under copyright to my knowledge, and the maps (after the
first episode) can only be gotten legally from that CD.

However, I'm not sure anyone would likely prosecute someone
for obtaining them as I believe you can do so widely on the web, and
as you said, the game is old and no longer supported...

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Jan 13, 2008, at 6:57 PM, Dakotah Rickard wrote:

> The registered quake game is not widely available in stores, as has
> been
> discussed, because it was made nearly twenty years ago...goes to
> show you
> the delays we face.
> Anyway, IDSoftware, the makers of Quake, have abandoned it, if memory
> serves. That means that you can find it and download it without
> penalty or
> legal ramification.
>
> Signed:
> Dakotah Rickard