Hi Cara,
I'm not sure, but Eloquence appears to have a die-hard group of
followers in the blind comunity. Made largely popular by Jaws. Window
Eyes comes with Dectalk which is what I use allot of the time with WE
unless I need something foreign language related.
Personally, for myself I love using Karen to read books and voice audio
games. I'm not sure how she can sound worse than Eloquence, and that
opinion might be based on some folks haven't heard better voices than
Eloquence such as Karen or Daniel which are some of the best in my opinion.