No they only run in OSX and more specifically, the latest, Alex, is
only in Leopard, (OS 10.5 and later)...

   the interesting thing about Alex, is that he actually breathes, and
not only that, but it's not just a single sample of breath played over
again, but different breaths / durations depending on the next word he
says.  So he's amazingly real to listen to for long texts, yet can be
made to react as quickly as an eloquence style voice for more common
screen reading use...

   I personally think he'd be pretty amazing in a gaming situation,
but that remains to be seen, other than Chess of course!  <smile>

Have an awesome evening All!...

Rock on!!!

Cara  :)