Hi Charles,
Yes. I agree if we submit sighted games they must meet some very
specific guide lines to be considered for the award. To me accessibility
means the games menus, game play, options, is all accessible without
sighted help. All to often on this list I see others who have a much
looser  opinion about accessible, and those guide lines for the award
need to be specified.
For example, I have heard way to many times someone onthis list say this
PS2 game is totally accessible, I rent it, and find out there is a lot
of memory involved in playing it. That is not what I consider
accessible, and I think those games should be filtered because it is
only accessible through lots of help and memorisation. Either that or
place those kinds of games in their own category.