Hi Mark,
I think at the moment, for cricket fans like us, and even football, it's
just a fantasy for the moment. These sports are so popular that, as I've
said forever, it would be great to give such projects to RNIB or, for the
football, let blind organisations all over Europe come together to produce a
mega game. As far as I'm concerned, if you want a really good cricket game
with teams, sounds, and commentary, that's probably not something you just
want one guy to do, you need much feedback, you need people from all over
the cricket world like us from South Africa, our Ausie, Kiwi, New Zealand
and English pals, and of course India, I mean, there are many blind people
in India, I actually would think that organisations could cooperate on a
cricket game as well. Well, at the moment, your only choice is Batrick, we
can do that in the meantime. When I think of a cricket game, I'm thinking of
some sort of solution where we could use stereo again, where, let's say, the
batsman has an area stretching from the far left to the far right, the
bowler tries and bowls, and the batsman maybe tries to move towards the ball
and hit it, he can hit it to different directions, but there are many other
complex things like fielding and things, I don't want a game where I just
press a number for the shot I want, I've always thought that sports games
should really most of the time hardly ever be down to luck, and that, if you
time or do your moves exactly according to extreme split-second timing, you
should get results, because a sports game like cricket and football for me,
quite a bit of the time it can work a little bit on randomness, but rather
also work on whether you're able to keep focus and concentrate, or, if you
use some players and make them run too much, they get tired.
Ari