Hi Dark,
Absolutely correct. STFC is TNG era, specifically the time period
between First Contact and Inserection, and Trek 2K is TOS era.
However, while Trek 2000 is original series the sounds are not really
authentic. Some sounds have been taken from TNG which makes it sound a
bit weird. Especially, the bridge sounds which aren't anything like the
TOS bridge.