Hi Charles,
Yeah, your side of things is the easy part. You can afford to wait
another year or two while I rewrite the side-scroller from scratch. My
part is the hard part, because I have to spend one or two years of my
life rewriting the thing all of it work, and people wonder my attitude
as a bit hostile.
While I am working on the game taking time away from friends, family,
hobbies all of you are watching TV, reading books, going to work,
playing ball with your kids, and life goes on while the guy making that
game is slaving away for no pay or free time. Now, when it comes to
making games I don't expect a lot of pay, but i do expect to enjoy my
work. If I don't enjoy the game I am creating I usually don't make it.