This brings up a point that seems again and again, to be missed.
People are always talking about the 'quote - unquote' blind gaming
'industry.'  There is no 'industry.'  These efforts of devs, even as
strong as they are, and they definitely are, are just not united and
wide-spread enough for really anyone to call this an 'industry.'

   This means that as Thomas has said, he's got no one paying him for
his time or efforts as he puts the time in day after day after day, to
make progress toward a finished game or even an alpha.  Are people
really getting this?…

   Imagine yourselves getting up every day, and doing something that
you consider work, and actually honestly getting nothing at all back
for it at the end of that day to carry you through to do it all again
the very next one.

   yes, there may be rumors of money at the end, whenever that
happens, which are coming from a population which are not known for
their deep pockets, or furthermore, their attitudes of actually
knowing what something is really worth in the world, as they often
feel they deserve something for nothing, just because, *sniff* they're
disabled, and life is hard.  Well guess what, life *IS* hard, and it's
also hard for others, other than yourselves. Please don't lose sight
of that.

   Would you honestly want to continue like that for very long?  Now
add to that; instead of these people  thanking you for your time at
the very least, they start in on you that now, in addition to your
efforts and all your time spent every day, that you're now not doing
it right, or fast enough, or whatever.

   Don't you think this can ware somebody down?…  this would ware on
*ANYONE*!…

   this is just simply not kind nor fair treatment of an individual.
Surely you all can see that?…

   Anyway, thanks much for taking time to read this and I do hope we
can all get this figured out and at least treat eachother with kindness.

Have a great weekend and a Happy Easter!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Mar 22, 2008, at 5:27 AM, Thomas Ward wrote:

> Hi Charles,
> Yeah, your side of things is the easy part. You can afford to wait
> another year or two while I rewrite the side-scroller from scratch. My
> part is the hard part, because I have to spend one or two years of my
> life rewriting the thing all of it work, and people wonder my attitude
> as a bit hostile.
> While I am working on the game taking time away from friends, family,
> hobbies all of you are watching TV, reading books, going to work,
> playing ball with your kids, and life goes on while the guy making
> that
> game is slaving away for no pay or free time. Now, when it comes to
> making games I don't expect a lot of pay, but i do expect to enjoy my
> work. If I don't enjoy the game I am creating I usually don't make it.
>
> Charles Rivard wrote:
>> I'm still willing to wait for Raceway and other games.  The time
>> factor is
>> not the complaint.  Anyone who has been reading would know that.

> .
> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of
> the list,

View my Online Portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn