Hi,
At this point I am not thinking of this being a commercial venture. More just a fun little side project we can all join in and put together. I can do the coding and the community can help submit ideas, stories, suggestions, and experiences. Who knows I might even release it as open source, but no promises about that last. As far as an engine goes I will be writing it from scratch in C or C++. One of the reasons I have considered using a text based RPG engine in the first place is so that I have a game thatI can port to any device where I might like to play the game. I know the request for mobile phone games is in high demand and from my research text based games is about the easiest thing to port to Pacmates and phones running Windows Mobile. I am a big open source user myself using Linux a lot, and again text based games are the easiest to port to that platform. So I have high hopes that perhaps this text based RPG could be a research project into targeting multiple operating systems and devices if nothing else.

Pranav Lal wrote:
The idea has merrit. However, do you plan to release them commertially?
Out of curiosity, what would you use as a gaming engine for these
adventures?

Pranav