Hi,
Hmmm... I don't know about the more human part but Eliquence is responsive. I'll give it that much credit. Though, as a Window Eyes user I am more use to the Dectalk Access software that comes with Win Eyes than Eloquence. I've always been a bit of a Dectalk fan anyway. Even back when they sold the Dec PC and Dec Express units. Anyway, one reason I use Eloquence myself is it tends to speak very clearly. As a programmer being able to have your synth speak words correctly and do a good job with variable names, functions, etc is important. The more human sounding voices, especially the AT&T voices, go nuts when they see words that aren't in the english dictionary. If you give it a variable name like sndFireWeapon and instead of saying "s n d fire weapon" you get some kind of crap like "s n d f i r e w e a p o n." That is enough to drive anyone nuts.
Smile.

Yohandy wrote:
Actually, eloquence sounds quite human to me. that can't be good huh? lol. The voice wouldn't work for a game such as what Thomas is developing, but for a screen reader there's no better voice than eloquence. the response time is instantaneous, and this is definitely not the case with the more natural sounding voices.