Hi Chrissy,
As of Beta 4 you can save and load games in standard mode so you don't have to start all over from scratch when playing in standard mode provided you save often.
HTH

ChB wrote:
I play mostly in arcade mode, for reasons others stated as to get the hang of the game and not having to start all over all the time because I have extra extra lives. the idea of inflicting less damage to the player, when playing on easy difficulty, would be a good one I trhink.
regards
chrissy