Hi,
First off about the mic issue, you do need a good-quality mic to make
use of IYP.
Also as far as finding airport IDs, check out http://www.airnav.com/airports/
There will be an edit box labeled Identafier, name, or city.
Type the name of the city you’d like, for example Los angeloss.
Then you would find the link for las angeloss international
airport(that id for wich is klax)
Note: the flight simulator interface takes airport IDs only, not airport codes.
Airnav should cover you for airports in the US. If you would like to
do international flights, use Wikipedia.
Just look at the article associated with your departure and arrival
airports, because the articles will give you the airport IDS.
Note: You are looking for the Icao codes.
They will be 3 or 4 letters.
Also, as a reference, here is the aviation alphabet, wich you will use
when you communicate with IYP.
It is as follows
A=alfa
B=bravo
C=charly
D=delta
E=echo
F=foxtrot
G=gulf
H=hotel
I=india
J=Juliet
K=kelo
L=Lema
Mmike
N=November
O=Osker
P=papa
Q=quebeck
R=romeo
S=sierra
T=tango
U=Uniform
V=victor
W=whisky
X=X-ray
Y=yankee
Z=zulu

Best,
Nick

On 6/25/09, mmaslo1...@swbell.net <mmaslo1...@swbell.net> wrote:
> It is not that bad. You train the speech and get a decent mic and it is
> great. I love it so much. using my cell phone

Listen to my weekly talk radio show every Tuesday night starting at 8
P.M pacific daylight time, 7 P.M standerd time. To listen, point your
browser over to http://freecast.co.ukSkype  Name: Nickster919
blog:  http://chatter8712.klango.net
klango  name:  chatter8712
Phone: 360-526-6509.  Call  the  above  number  to  get  on  the  ir
during  my  weekly  show  or  to  leave  a  message  when  I'm  not
on  the  air!
Also,  keep  tabs  on  me  through twitter.   http://twitter.com/Nickster919