the sim we are working on has speed limits n such but it's not as advanced. we don't have a time table, but still it's better than open b v e cause you at least know how fast you're going or where you're going. you're driving a steam train for now. the program will announce things like "green leef city station in x miles" and when you get close you'll hear background sounds. there are also misc things you'll be notified about such as factories or rivers along with sound effects and you got a 2 mile long forest that should be good for having fun. the thing is in verry, and I mean verry active development. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Harun" <fusoya_1...@hotmail.com>
To: "gamers" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Partially Accessible Train Sim found

I thought the same until I found myself engulfed for an hour on night, just reading about train signals and RTC (Rail Traffic Controllers, like ATC for aviation). It involves skill. You've got a timetable to keep to, along with signs and speed limits to obey. We just need to find a way to get these variables accessible. Obviously when you've got a timetable or a speed limit, the program is reading this data from somewhere. Hopefully we might find someone who could program a way for the SAPI interface in windows to read these variables when they change. That's my main guess as to accessibility. The main menu is partially accessible already, and I can translate the train and location descriptions into English if they're in Japanese.
Cheers,