You can find the closest player markit to your starting locale on the planet Cinq port in the Kelsy system.

the best way overall to check prices and the like is to use the ce player market link on the front page which gives a massive list of what's being sold at what price.

Scanning that amount of info is a bit much, but I used Hal's find fuction to go to the individual item I want to see.

If your just selling resources, you can also check contracts on the buyers market, where other players post what resources they want at what rate, ---- though thus far I've not personally managed to get enough resources in sufficient quantity to make this worth while, ---- though it might be a good idea when my extracters start pulling it in.

hth.

Beware the Grue!
#