Hi Phil,
That is a pretty disheartening state of affairs if you put all that time and money into marketing and get such a lukewarm response for your troubles. It would be interesting to know how well James North did with his booths, or if he had the same problem you did.

Phil Vlasak wrote:
Hi Dark,
I have some experience trying to interest blind people about audio games at blind conventions. In July 1999, Carl and I traveled to the ACB convention in Los Angeles promoting our Pacman, Space Invaders and six other games that were self voicing.
We did the same at the NFB convention in Atlanta in July 2000.
In both conventions, our costs were much greater than our game sales.
We had three computers at the booth, one for doing sales, one with speakers blasting the games and one with two headphones so people could try the games out before buying them. We also had 100 promotional CD's with all our demos on them for people to take with them.
They came with a discount card in large print and Braille.
As for playing the games, we had several running on the computer but all paused so we could switch from one to another quickly. We decided to stop going as the months of preparation and expense of the convention meant less time and money to develop new games. I do know that what is now All In Play and James North's ESP Softworks had booths at the conventions back then. One suggestion for demonstrating games would be to make a audio play list of game reviews and previews in mp3 format.

Smiles,
Phil