To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Promotion was:Screen Readers and Games

I know, but these people have most likely seen someone like that famous russian chess player who just played quite a few games at the same time, but I suppose they reckon he was still scanning the boards or something.

Fact is I know at least one guy this side though who is VI/blind, but when he plays chess, he doesn't even touch the board, and listening to him playing against someone else, he literally takes around half a second to tell them his next move, but, yes, suppose it still comes down to educating everyone including sighted people, and one of the things was looking into at a time was trying to get into one of those lan gaming sessions, and maybe try at least get sighted guys to try out things like audio quake, top speed 2, sound RTS, BGChess, GMA tank commander, etc. etc. since I think they all have graphics as well, but the idea would be to let blind/VI guys play against them, and maybe we'd also try get them to try it out with a blindfold at some stage as well...LOL!

Similar to the two events have organised/been involved in this side, where the one was letting sighties wear blindfolds while listening to a narrated movie soundtrack and trying to eat etc., and recently at a guide dog fundraising walk, some of my friends got some of the participants to try out things like blind dart throwing, blind cricket bowling, etc. - awareness...

Maybe, like the fact that there's already been an article about me in local motorcycle magazine relating to me riding a bike etc., we would then try to get the local computing magazines to wake up...yeah right...LOL!

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA